|Coach||Darren Mercer, Tim Mandeville, Grant Kenny|
- 2x Molokai to Oahu 52km World Paddle Board Champion and Current World record holder.
- 4 Gold Medals at the ISAWorld Stand Up and Paddbleboard Championships, Peru 2012.
- Best Overall Female Competitor at the 2009 Australian Titles.
- The youngest Qualifier for the 2010/2011 IronWoman Series.
- 4th Place Overall in 2012 Iron woman Series.
FOLLOW JORDAN ON:
FACEBOOK: Jordan ‘Magic’ Mercer
MORE ABOUT JORDAN…..
NAME: Jordan Mercer
NAME YOU GET CALLED DOWN THE BEACH: Magic
HOME TOWN: Castaways Beach, QLD
CLUB: Noosa Heads
FORMER CLUBS: Mooloolaba
COACH: Darren Mercer, Tim Mandeville, Grant Kenny
HOW MANY YEARS HAVE YOU BEEN IN SURF LIFE SAVING? 12
BEST LEG: Board/Run
DO YOU HAVE FAMILY THAT COMPETE TOO (AND IF SO, WHO)?:
My Dad, Darren Mercer and my Uncle Dean Mercer (both retired now but currently coaching)
FAVOURITE IRONMAN / IRONWOMAN: Zane Holmes and Darren Mercer.
FAVOURITE HOME SURF SPOT: Castaways Beach and the Noosa Points.
FAVOURITE FORMAT: Is it possible for a board, run, board, run, board, run?
BOARD YOU PADDLE: Dolphin Racing Mal
SKI YOU PADDLE: Dolphin D1
BIGGEST INFLUENCE ON YOUR CAREER: My dad, not only was he the best Ironman of all time, he is the greatest coach there is. He is motivating yet never pushy. He has been right beside me from day one offering me encouragement to pursue my goals whenever possible. Thanks Dad!
TOP THREE COMPETITION RESULTS:
- 2 time Molokai to Oahu 52km, World Paddle Board Champion and Current World record holder.
- 2012 Aussies 1st U/19 Board Race. 1st U/19 2km Run. 2nd U/19 Ironwoman.
- 4th Overall 2011/ 2012 Iron Woman Series
2012/13 SEASON GOALS:
- To win the 2012 Coolangatta Gold.
- To win this year Ironwoman Series.
- To win the U/19 and Open Board and Ironwoman race at the 2012 Aussie Titles
- Continue to be a Professional in the Ironwoman Series indefinitely.
- Enjoy meeting and competing with and against other Professionals in other Sports and Challenges.
- Become an Olympian!!!!!
DO YOU HAVE ANY SPONSORS (AND IF SO, WHO): Madill Holden (Noosa), Engine Swimwear, Nike, Oakley, Endura, Dolphin Surf Craft, Epic Paddles, Garmin, Sambora Beach Toes, Vertra element resistance, ONiT, Byron Group, Tara Wolf Jewellery.
WHAT’S THE HEAVIEST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO YOU IN THE SURF? I was concussed by a stray board which launched straight at me from a huge wave during a training session. I managed to escape with some memory loss and a large hematoma the size of a tennis ball on my forehead. Not Pretty Guys!
ARE YOU AT UNI OR WORKING? Professional Athlete.
IS ANYONE IN YOUR FAMILY FAMOUS: Darren, Dean Mercer and Kye Mercer (Former ASP World Tour Competitor and budding Skateboarder). I know my sister will be one day! Keep your eye out for a little Minny Me with the afro at the next Ironwoman Race.
DO YOU HAVE ANY FAMOUS FRIENDS: Mark Webber, Sally Fitzgibbons, Dawn Fraser, Brad Gaul, Jamie Mitchell, Kai Lenny and John Scott Madill.
BIGGEST INFLUENCE ON YOUR LIFE: My family, I could not ask for more support from such amazing people. Their belief in me is phenomenal and the lengths they go to make things that little bit easier for me are greatly appreciated. I love you all the way to the moon and back. And Mum… You are continually going beyond the call to help me with life in general.
NAME THREE PEOPLE YOU’D LIKE TO GO ON A SURF TRIP WITH (YOU DON’T HAVE TO KNOW THEM): Sally Fitzgibbons, Jamie Mitchell, My Aunty Kye and Dad for a Laugh.
FAVOURITE FOOD: Mums Home Cooking.
FAVOURITE DRINK: Endura Lemon/Lime Flavour.
FAVOURITE BAND / PERFORMER: Jack Johnson
TOP 5 SONGS ON YOUR IPOD: Shuffle Mode is the Best.
FAVOURITE TV SHOW: Home and Away, X-Factor.
FAVOURITE MOVIE: Stick it and Bridesmaids.
FAVOURITE SPORTING TEAM: The Jamaican 4 x 100m sprint relay team.
SOMETHING PEOPLE MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT ME: I can pull off a standing backward somersault (thanks to my early gymnastics days.) Every spare minute I have I am strumming away on my Guitar.